The bathroom counter is an often overlooked canvas for creative expression. With a little imagination and some well-chosen accessories, you can transform this functional space into a stylish oasis.
Here is a list of common items that can be used to decorate bathroom counters:
- Soap Dispensers: Choose elegant or decorative soap dispensers that match your bathroom’s theme or color scheme.
- Toothbrush Holder: Opt for a stylish holder that keeps toothbrushes organized and accessible.
- Candles: Scented or unscented candles can add a touch of ambiance and relaxation to your bathroom.
- Trays: Decorative trays can serve as a base for grouping and organizing smaller items on the counter.
- Plants: Consider using small potted plants or succulents to bring a touch of nature to your bathroom.
- Mirrors: Mirrors not only serve a functional purpose but can also be a decorative element on the counter.
- Towels: Rolled or folded towels in coordinating colors can add texture and a spa-like feel to the space.
- Storage Jars and Containers: Use glass or ceramic jars to store cotton balls, swabs, or bath salts in an attractive way.
- Artwork: Hang or display small pieces of art or prints on the counter to add visual interest.
- Books or Magazines: A stack of books or magazines can be a pleasant addition for those who enjoy reading in the bathroom.
- Apothecary Jars: These decorative jars can be used to display small items like bath salts, decorative soaps, or seashells.
- Baskets: Woven baskets can be both functional and decorative, providing storage for items like towels or toiletries.
- Vases: Use vases to display fresh or dried flowers, or even as stand-alone decorative pieces.
- Sea Shells or Beach Stones: Bring a touch of the beach to your bathroom with these natural elements.
- Scented Diffusers or Potpourri: These items can add a pleasant fragrance to your bathroom.
- Rugs or Mats: Placing a decorative rug or mat on the counter can add texture and color to the space.
- Decorative Dishes: Use small dishes or plates to corral smaller items like jewelry or hair accessories.
- Ceramic or Glass Figurines: These decorative pieces can add a touch of personality to your bathroom counter.
- Cotton Swab Holders: A stylish container for cotton swabs can be both functional and visually appealing.
- Shells or Stones: Collecting natural elements like shells or stones can be a cost-effective and aesthetically pleasing way to decorate.
Remember, the key to successful bathroom counter decoration is to strike a balance between functionality and aesthetics. Choose items that not only look good but also serve a purpose in your daily routine. Additionally, consider the overall style and color scheme of your bathroom when selecting decor items.
In this blog post, we’ll explore 19 bathroom counter decorating ideas that will help you infuse personality and charm into your bathroom.
Start with a clean slate by keeping only the essentials on the counter. A sleek soap dispenser, a matching toothbrush holder, and a small potted plant can create an uncluttered, sophisticated look.
Transform your bathroom into a spa-like retreat by incorporating scented candles, diffusers, or potpourri. Choose calming scents like lavender, eucalyptus, or vanilla for a soothing ambiance.
Bring a touch of nostalgia to your bathroom with vintage-inspired accessories. Consider using antique jars, apothecary bottles, and rustic trays to evoke a sense of old-world charm.
Introduce plants to your bathroom counter for a refreshing burst of nature. Low-maintenance options like succulents, air plants, or small potted herbs can thrive in a bathroom’s humid environment.
Capture the essence of coastal living with seashells, driftwood, and beach-themed decor. A sandy-colored soap dish or a shell-adorned mirror can transport you to a seaside escape.
Choose a single color scheme for your bathroom counter to create a cohesive and visually pleasing look. Consider using different shades and textures within the same color family for added depth.
Opt for eye-catching, statement pieces like a uniquely shaped mirror, a colorful soap dish, or an artful vase. These elements can become the focal points of your bathroom counter.
Display your favorite trinkets, such as framed photos, small sculptures, or meaningful mementos. These personal items can add character and warmth to the space.
Incorporate natural materials like wood and stone for a rustic, earthy feel. Wooden trays, stone soap dishes, and woven baskets can infuse a warm, inviting ambiance.
Glamour and Glitz
Elevate your bathroom counter with metallic accents like gold or silver accessories. Mirrored trays, gilded soap dispensers, and metallic-framed mirrors can bring a touch of luxury to your space.
Integrate art into your bathroom decor by placing a small, framed piece on the counter. Consider botanical prints, abstract paintings, or vintage posters for a visually stimulating effect.
Clever Storage Solutions
Maximize function and style by using decorative storage containers like baskets, jars, or boxes. These can keep your essentials organized while also adding a decorative element.
Embrace a maritime theme with navy blue and white hues, paired with nautical-inspired accessories like anchor-shaped soap dishes or striped towels.
Create a calming atmosphere with an assortment of scented candles. Arrange them in varying heights and styles to add a touch of elegance and tranquility.
Infuse a feminine touch with soft pastel tones, delicate florals, and dainty accessories. Consider incorporating rose-pink soap dispensers, floral-scented candles, or vintage lace trays.
Feng Shui Harmony
Apply the principles of Feng Shui by carefully selecting decor that promotes balance and positive energy. Crystals, bamboo trays, and plants can help create a harmonious environment.
For the tech-savvy individual, integrate smart devices like a Bluetooth speaker or a wireless charging pad into your bathroom counter decor for added convenience.
If you enjoy unwinding with a good book, consider placing a small stack of your favorite reads or a waterproof e-reader on the counter for easy access during bath time.
Rotate your decor according to the seasons. Incorporate seasonal elements like fresh flowers in spring, seashells in summer, pumpkins in fall, and evergreen branches in winter.
With these 19 bathroom counter decorating ideas, you have a plethora of options to transform your bathroom into a personalized sanctuary. Remember, there are no strict rules – let your creativity guide you, and have fun curating a space that reflects your unique style and personality. Happy decorating!